On the 31st March 2018 Blackpool food Partnership had a change of Management. The former managing partners Methodist Action North West have stepped down to focus on their core priorities in Preston. Blackpool Food Bank was involved in the creation of the Partnership and has been the primary supplier of Food to the Partnership since inception and it seemed a logical progression for the Food Bank to take over the day to day running of the service. Over the coming weeks we will be updating this site but in the meantime everything else is continuing without interruption. If you require any information or you are a food provider in need of an increased supply please use the following numbers:
- Blackpool Food Bank Landline: 01253 358842
- Mick Slowey (Operations Manager): 07809 258135
We look forward to continuing to serve you all in the weeks, months and years ahead.
Chairman of Blackpool Food Bank
Although the Blackpool Food Partnership prepares and distributes food parcels to approved collection points, we are not directly involved in issuing them. To get a food parcel you need to request help through the Blackpool City Council Discretionary Support Scheme.
There are four ways of applying:
- Complete a Discretionary Support Scheme form on line yourself by clicking HERE or typing https://blackpool.egovhub.net/Org/Production/Apps/Gwa/Launch.aspx into your web browser.
- Visit your nearest library and ask the librarian to help you complete a Discretionary Support Scheme form on line. If the librarians are busy, they may ask you to come back in a little while, so they can give you one-to-one support.
- Visit the Salvation Army Citadel at Raikes Parade in the afternoon and they will help you complete the form on line.
- If you cannot do any of the above you can ring the free phone number: 0800 694 0100 (office hours only).
Picking Up a Food Parcel
If your request for a food parcel is approved, you will be advised to collect it from one of the locations shown in the table below, or you may be directed to a Children’s Centre.
Please Note: Food parcels can only be issued if pre-approved through the Council Discretionary Scheme - we are sorry but they can not be provided if you just turn up unannounced.
|Families||Blackpool Council Children's Centres||Mondays to Fridays 9am to 4pm|
|Families and Singles||Talbot & Brunswick community Hub||Mondays to Fridays 9am to 4pm|
|Singles||The Bridge Project, Salvation Army Church Street||Tuesdays and Wednesdays 2pm to 3pm|
|Singles||St. Peter's Church, 190 Lytham Road, Blackpool||Wednesdays 10:30am to 12:30am|
|Singles||St. John's Church - opposite Winter Gardens in town centre||Mondays and Wednesdays 1pm to 3pm and Thursdays 9:15am to 10:15am|
|Singles||Bay House - Clare Street||Monday to Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm|